Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wetlands Get Well

Happy Thursday to you.  I needed a get well card and had none in my stash so I looked through some challenges and found three that worked for this card:  CAS on Sunday Challenge #27 - Masculine; Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #125 and Colour Q Challenge #230.

The card base is Naturals White card stock.  I added a piece of Sweet Sorbet designer paper (great colors and designs - love it) to a mat of Basic Black card stock and added it to the card front.  Crumb Cake and Coastal Cabana inks were sponged on the lower part of a piece of Naturals 
White card stock.  I then stamped the image from the Wetlands stamp set using StazOn ink.  I punched a hole in a piece of scrap paper and used it to sponge the "sun" with Summer Starfruit ink.  The sentiment from the Delightful Dozen stamp set was stamped on Naturals White card stock with Coastal Cabana ink, punched out and added to a Basic Black card stock mat.  A Crumb Cake Candy Dot was added to a Candy Dot Base and added to the sentiment.  I popped up the sentiment with Dimensionals.  I know the inspiration photo for the colors is definitely girly, but the colors worked for a masculine card.  I can't wear that type of heel anymore but I do remember my first job waaaaaayyyy back when where I did wear spike heels with pointy toes.  My feet hurt just thinking about that.  Thanks for stopping by.  As always, I love to hear what you think so leave a comment if you'd like.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Wetlands (w-#126695/c-#126697); Delightful Dozen (w-#122650/c-#122652)
Ink:  Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad (#131175); Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406); Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad (#121030); Summer Starfruit Classic Stampin' Pad (#126991)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Naturals White Card Stock (#102316); Basic Black Card Stock (#121045); Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper (#1333521 - SAB)
Tools:  1-1/4" Circle Punch (#119861); 1-3/8" Circle Punch (#119860); 3/4" Circle Punch (#119873); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
The Finishing Touches:  Neutrals Candy Dots (#130934); Candy Dots Brad Bases (#132293); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
  

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty card, Patti, love the scene you created and the background is lovely! So happy you joined in the fun at the colourQ, thanks for playing with us.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful scene Patti! Love the sponging! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Great card Patti! I love those little birds! Makes me long for summer!!!! I'm sure this card cheered up it's recipient! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

JD/ Jill said...

This is really cute...sure to bring a smile to the face of the receiver of this card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Delightful card Patti, love the image. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, love those sweet birds, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

Dale Morin said...

This is one of my favorite stamp sets! Love your card.