Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Baptism Card

Our precious granddaughter was baptized the beginning of February and this is the card I made for the occasion.  I had forgotten about it until I was looking through my To Be Posted folder and realized I hadn't posted it yet.  Here is another card I made a couple of years ago for Easter using this same idea for the cross.

The card is very simple to do.  I started with Whisper White card stock for the base.  Another piece of white card stock was run through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I cut out a piece of Perfect Plum card stock with the Apothecary Accents Framelit, embossed it with the Square Lattice embossing folder and attached it to the white layer.  I made a bow with Whisper White Organza ribbon, attached it to the bottom of the layer and added the whole thing to the card.  The cross was made by cutting a piece of Blushing Bride card stock with the Lattice Bigz Die and then snipping off parts of the lattice to form a cross.  I originally found a video tutorial from Dawn Olshefske on how to make the cross here.  Pieces of Dimensionals were used to add the cross to the card.  The little flowers were made with the Boho Blossoms Punch and the Itty Bitty Shapes punch.  I attached them with Glue Dots and finished them off with Pearls.  This was truly an easy card to put together.  So glad you stopped by.  Come back again.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Card Stock:  Whisper White (#100730); Perfect Plum (#101889); Blushing Bride (#131198)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Lattice Bigz Die (#115958); Apothecary Accents Framelits (#127203); Boho Blossoms Punch (#119858); Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309)
The Finishing Touches:  Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon (#114319); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Glue Dots (#103683)
     

No comments: