Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Class Dog

After making my granddaughter's first birthday card (see it here), I wanted to do another action wobble card.  My recent card class was all birthday cards so I created this one for a child.

I've seen a lot of punch art doggies on line so I just used ideas seen on various blogs.  I used Summer Starfruit card stock as my card base.  I cut it 4-1/4" x 11" and folded it in half.  I folded it this way so it would stand up; easier for a child to make the head wobble.  I added two pieces of Birthday Basics designer paper.  On a piece of Very Vanilla card stock I stamped the sentiment from the Something to Celebrate retired stamp set.  This was matted with a piece of Gumball Green card stock.  I used the following punches and dies:  Circles Framelits (4th one in from center) - head using Soft Suede card stock; Extra-Large Oval Punch - body using Soft Suede card stock, ears using Early Espresso card stock and tail using Early Espresso; Large Oval Punch - chest and face/mask using Baked Brown Sugar card stock; Bird Builder Punch - the wings using Soft Suede card stock; Heart to Heart Punch (retired) - nose using Early Espresso card stock.  The edges of all pieces were sponged with their corresponding inks.  After making the body section I attached it to the sentiment layer and added it to the card front with Dimensionals.  I then added the head with an Action Wobble Spring.  Googlies were used as the finishing touch.  The ladies seemed pleased with their finished card.  Hopefully it will bring some smiles to a little one.  Thanks for coming by.  If you have any questions about the card, please let me know.  Hope your week is off to a good start.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Something to Celebrate (retired hostess)
Ink:  Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad (#115657); Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad (#119670); Baked Brown Sugar Classic Stampin' Pad; Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker (#119680)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Summer Starfruit Card Stock (#126839); Gumball Green Card Stock (#126840); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650); Soft Suede Card Stock (#115318); Early Espresso Card Stock (#119686); Baked Brown Sugar Card Stock (#131296); Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper (#130145)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Extra-Large Oval Punch (#119859); Large Oval Punch (#119855); Bird Builder Punch (#117191); Heart to Heart Punch (retired); Sponge Daubers (#102892); Circles Collection Framelits (#130911)
The Finishing Touches:  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
  

   

4 comments:

Eileen Lang said...

That is adorable Patti. Love both of the punch art cards. I am sure your granddaughter loved hers too.

Ann Schach said...

Too cute, Patti! I'm sure your granddaughter adored it! I may need to transform this little fella into a Boxer. My first punch art card was a Boxer head. Go figure. lol

Buffy said...

This is so cute Patti! Definitely going into my CASE file!

Butternutsage said...

cute cute cute punch art card!!! Love it Patti!