Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Easter & Spring

Snow in my last post and Easter/spring today.  Getting a lot of rain but at least it doesn't pile up on the ground.  I used the Craft Project Central Sketch Challenge #33 for inspiration.  So, here is my breath of spring for you today.

I chose Naturals White card stock for the base.  On a piece of Sweet Sorbet designer paper I used one of the Needlepoint Border Embossing Folders on both ends.  I wasn't sure if this would work because I had to run it through twice in order to get the embossing on each side but to my relief I didn't flatten out the first embossing.  I then added a piece of Whisper White ribbon and attached the layer to the card.  A Tea Lace Doily was sponged with Pool Party ink and added to the card.  The sentiment from the retired Easter Blessings stamp was heat embossed on Naturals White card stock with VersaMark, Crisp Cantaloupe ink and clear embossing powder.  The sentiment as well as a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock were both cut out using one of the Deco Labels dies.  I cut the cantaloupe piece in half, trimmed off the side points and used it to mat the sentiment.  I then attached it to the card with Dimensionals.  Butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set were stamped on Naturals White, Pool Party and Crisp Cantaloupe card stocks using Pool Party and Crisp Cantaloupe inks.  They were punched out with the Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly Punches.  The two small single ones were attached with Glue Dots.  I added some Dazzling Details down the center and added a Pearl.  The large butterflies were each layered with a smaller one and also attached with Glue DotsPearls were added to the center of both and under the sentiment for the finishing touches.  Even my husband said spring when he saw the card so I guess I was on the right track.  Enjoy your day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Papillon Potpourri (w-#132058/c-#123759); Easter Blessings (retired)
Ink:  Crisp Cantaloupe Classic Stampin' Pad (#131176); Pool Party Classic Stampin' Pad (#126982); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Naturals White Card Stock (#102316); Crisp Cantaloupe Card Stock (#131298); Pool Party Card Stock (#122924); Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper (#133521 - SAB 2014)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Big Shot Magnetic Platform (#130658); Deco Labels Collection (#130102); Bitty Butterfly Punch (#129406); Elegant Butterfly Punch (#127526); Needlepoint Border Embossing Folders (#129383); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
The Finishing Touches:  Tea Lace Doilies (#129399); Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247); Dazzling Details (#124117); Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#109070); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
  

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is a breath of springtime, Patti! So pretty!

Judi Sparks said...

Patti, Can I just say, WOW! I love your card and hope you will not mind if I case it.

Eileen Lang said...

Beautiful card Patti. And, I feel your pain with the snow. Well, at least today is sunny and your card is one to case for sure! Have a nice day.