Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Happy Birthday for a Friend

Happy Monday evening.  Today I have a birthday card for a friend.  It is based on three challenges:  Seize the Birthday, the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #194 and Mojo Monday Challenge #336.

I chose Smoky Slate card stock for the base.  I added another layer of Smoky Slate card stock that was stamped using the Hardwood stamp and Smoky Slate ink.  Using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, I punched out two strips each of Night of Navy, Wisteria Wonder and Smoky Slate 
card stocks.  I layered one of each together and added one group to the top and one to the bottom of the Hardwood layer.  The layer was attached to the card with Dimensionals.  Pieces of Whisper White and Night of Navy card stock were cut out using the Big Shot and the Lattice Bigz Die.  I used a glue pen to attach the two with the white behind the navy.  Dimensionals were used to attach it to the card.  I stamped the flower from the
Creative Elements stamp set on Whisper White card stock twice using Wisteria Wonder ink and once with Night of Navy ink.  I fussy cut them into layers.  Before attaching them together with Dimensionals, I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter using a glue pen.  It's hard to see in the photo but the glitter really looks pretty.  My finishing touches
were Rhinestones in the center of the flower and on the lattice.  After attaching the pieces of the flower together, I added it to the card using Glue Dots.  The sentiment will be added inside.  I will be sending this out in a couple of days to a friend of ours.  I hope you liked today's card.  Thanks for visiting my blog.  See you soon.


Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Creative Elements (w-#122645/c-#122647); Hardwood (w-#133032/c-#133055)
Ink:  Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad (#102977); Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad (#131179); Wisteria Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad #122936)
Card Stock:  Wisteria Wonder (#122922); Whisper White (#100730); Smoky Slate (#131202); Night of Navy (#100867)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Lattice Bigz Die (#115958); Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (#119275); Paper Snips (#103579)
The Finishing Touches:  Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#119246); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
   

6 comments:

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous! I love the lattice against the woodgrain background! I also really like how you double layered the lattice, and the triple layers of the border punch. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Dawn Tidd said...

Wonderful card! I love your layering too. The rhinestones add a really fun touch. Super job and thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

Lori JaneM said...

I like the "ghosting" technique using two die cuts of the lattice. Very stunning. lorijane

Susan Itell said...

Beautiful! This lattice die is such a great focal image and your layering is perfect! Thanks for playing with the challenge this week!

Nancy said...

LOVE that lattice die! Great job for sure! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us over at Seize the Birthday

Bonnie said...

I love how you've shadowed these diecuts, Patti! And what a pretty flower!