Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hedgehog and Friend

Prior to the beginning of this year I participated in the Merry Monday Challenges on a regular basis but last week was the first time this year.  So when I saw they were celebrating a milestone challenge this week, I just had to give it a go.  It's a sketch and color combination and when I saw the colors, they sent me into a small panic mode.  But I wasn't going to let it defeat me so today I have a card based on the Merry Monday Challenge #100.

I think my subconscious went into defense mode because my card turned out with lots of white.  The sketch was rotated 90 degrees to the right.  I chose Naturals White card stock as the base.  The one end of the card was embossed with the Decorative Dots embossing folder using the Big Shot.  Banner images from the Banner Blast stamp set were stamped on Naturals White card stock using Pear Pizzazz and Primrose Petals inks.  They were punched out with the Banner Punch as well as a couple more from Pear Pizzazz and Primrose Petals card stock.  They were lined up along the embossed edge.  Another piece of Naturals White card stock was embossed with the same folder, matted with Pear Pizzazz card stock and added up against the banners.  A strip of Naturals White was paper pierced on the long edges and matted with strips of Pear PizzazzPrimrose Petals ribbon was added and the whole thing added to the card.  The image from the Best of Snow stamp set was stamped on the Naturals White card stock with StazOn ink.  I colored the scarves and the nose with Pear Pizzazz and Primrose Petals markers.  The sentiment from the More Merry Messages stamp set was stamped using Primrose Petals ink.  I matted it with a piece of Pear Pizzazz and attached it to the card with Dimensionals.  Before attaching it, I added the finishing touch of Dazzling Diamonds for the snow using a glue pen to adhere the glitter.  There isn't a lot of the pink and green but I like the subtle touches of the colors.  What do you think?  I always enjoy reading your comments.  Hope your weekend is off to a good start.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Best of Snow (#134387); Banner Blast (w-#133551/c-#133554 - SAB 2014); More Merry Messages (w-#126400/c-#126402)
Ink:  Primrose Petals Classic Stampin' Pad (#126858); Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad (#131180); Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406); 2012-2014 In Color Markers (#126856); Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Marker (#131266)
Card Stock:  Naturals White (#102316); Pear Pizzazz (#131201); Primrose Petals (#126841)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (#133520-SAB 2014); Essentials Paper Piercing Pack (#126187); Paper-Piercing Tool (#126189); Banner Punch (#133519-SAB 2014)
The Finishing Touches:  Primrose  Petals 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (#126844); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
   

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

No need for panic, Patti! You rocked this color and sketch! Love those banners and white space is good in my book! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Dale Morin said...

Great card! Love those little guys.

Lori said...

I agree, Patti! You totally rocked both the sketch and the colors! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday xoxox

Margaret Moody said...

What an adorable card, Patti! Love your snowman and hedgehog!