Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Let It Snow - NOT

Hello all.  No I don't want it to snow anymore but by the time I use this card, I'll be looking forward to it again.  Today's card is for two challenges:  Merry Monday Challenge #101 and Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #129.

I'm not a big fan of square cards because I don't like to pay the extra postage.  For that reason when I make a square card, I cut it 4-1/4" x 8-1/2" and score at 4-1/2".  This will fit in the A2 size envelope perfectly.  Shimmery White card stock was used as the base.  On a piece of Real Red card stock, I heat embossed the snowflake from the Best of Snow stamp set using VersaMark and White embossing powder mixed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  Tough to see
in the photo but the snowflakes have a subtle sparkle.  This was attached to a piece of Winter Frost designer paper.  A strip of the white card stock was attached and over that a piece of Smoky Slate ribbon.  The layer was added to the card.  I heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set with VersaMark and Smoky Slate embossing powder on Shimmery White card stock.  I don't have the Label Bracket punch so I just punched it out with a circle punch.  It was matted with another circle of Real Red card stock.  I blinged up a scallop circle with a glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds, attached the sentiment to it and used Dimensionals to add it to the card.  For the finishing touch, I scattered some Rhinestones around the snowflakes and added one on the sentiment.  I probably should be making Easter cards but I couldn't resist the colors in the challenge.  Thank you for coming by.  Enjoy the weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Best of Snow (#134387)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Shimmery White Card Stock (#101910); Real Red Card Stock (#102482); Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper (retired)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#129053); 1-1/4" Circle Punch (#119861); 1-3/8" Circle Punch (#119860); 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#119854)
The Finishing Touches:  Smoky Slate 3/4" Chevron Ribbon (#131152); Smoky Slate Stampin' Emboss Powder (#129396); Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#119246); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132); Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder (#101930); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
  

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

The embossed snowflakes are so pretty on the red background! I can see the sparkle! Love the sentiment in a circle! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

LeAnne said...

Just lovely, Patti...such pretty images, and I am like you, I like small square cards so I don't need to pay extra! Thank so much for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

Heather North said...

Isn't it funny how that works? Snow is so pretty in the beginning of winter, but the novelty has worn off by now. Very pretty snowflakes falling on your card remind me of the beauty of first snow.

Lori said...

Wow!! Patti, this is gorgeous! I am a snowflake lover and this card has my heart! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxo

Linda Callahan said...

Please no more snow! But your card is sweet and sparkly!

Debbie Henderson said...

I'm so tired of this snow but agree with you Patti, I'll be ready for it in December again! Love the sentiment you used and how you coordinated the Chevron Ribbon with the gray. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

Susan Joyce said...

I like how you have used the challenge colours Patti and all the sparkle you used. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Sue Rose said...

Such a beautiful card, Patti! I agree with you, but next November, I'll be ready to see snow again. But for now, it really needs to disappear. Your card turned out so pretty. I just love it!

Kristie Goulet said...

I agree, no more snow please. :) Your card is beautiful! I love the embossed snowflakes!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Patti, Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Patti, Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Jen Brum said...

Great card Patti! Love that combo of grey and red! Such an elegant combination! I sure hope it doesn't snow anymore!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!