Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Santa - Easter?

Yes, I know it's the day before Easter but I liked the color challenge of the Merry Monday Challenge #104.  I also used The Challenge Sketch Challenge #4.  Check back tomorrow for the Easter card I made for my sweet little granddaughter.

For the card base I used Smoky Slate card stock.  A piece of Watercolor Wonder designer paper was then added to the card front.  The image from the retired Santa's List stamp set was heat embossed on Whisper White card stock using VersaMark and Smoky Slate embossing powder.  I attached it
to a piece of Smoky Slate card stock.  I punched
out three small banners from Crumb Cake card stock using the retired Banner Punch and attached them to the back of the image layer.  The layer was then added to the card.  The sentiment from the More Merry Messages stamp set was also heat embossed the same as the image.  It was punched out with the Modern Label Punch and attached to a piece of Crumb Cake card stock that was punched out with the Large Oval PunchDimensionals were used to attach it to the card.  Whisper White Candy Dots were the finishing touches that I added to the little banners.  This was definitely a challenge for me because I love using color for Christmas cards, but I'm satisfied with how it turned out.  Have a great evening.  Stop back tomorrow as I celebrate Easter.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  More Merry Messages (w-#126400/c-#126402); Santa's List (retired)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Smoky Sate Card Stock (#131202); Whisper White Card Stock (#100730); Crumb Cake Card Stock (#120953); Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper (#132994)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#129053); Large Oval Punch (#119855); Modern Label Punch (#119849); Banner Punch (retired S-A-B 2014)
The Finishing Touches:  Smoky Slate Stampin' Emboss Powder (#129396); Neutrals Candy Dots (#130934); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
  


7 comments:

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

This is so pretty - what a lovely Santa image! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!! (ps Happy Easter!)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love it, always love a Christmas card!!! Great job!

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card Patti, this is a fantastic Santa. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday

Kristie Goulet said...

Lovely card, Patti! Great take on the color challenge! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Lori said...

Love, love, love this Patti!! That image is perfect for this color combo! WTG! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxox

Lesley Croghan said...

Great way to use the sketch and colours, Patti!!! Thanks for joining me at The Challenge!

Bonnie said...

I love seeing Santa in shades of gray, Patti! It looks like a lovely sketch! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday and I hope you're having a wonderful Easter!