Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Cupcake for a Birthday


It's been a while since I've posted.  Life seems to have gotten in the way.  My card today is one I made for a little girl in the family.  I used the Seize the Sketch Challenge #19 for inspiration.

My card base is Very Vanilla card stock.  The Bermuda Bay card stock was embossed using the Big Shot and the Arrows Embossing Folder.  I punched out six pennants from Birthday Basics designer paper with the Banner Punch and added them to the bottom of the embossed layer.  It was then added to the card front.  I stamped the sentiment from the Create a Cupcake stamp set on Very Vanilla card stock and matted it with Summer Starfruit card stock.  I added a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock that was cut with the Fringe Scissors along the bottom and attached this layer to the card.  The cupcake base, top and bow from the same stamp set were stamped on Very Vanilla card stock with Raspberry Ripple, Crisp Cantaloupe and Bermuda Bay inks.  The cupcake top was heat embossed using VersaMark and Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  The top and base were punched out with the Cupcake Builder Punch.  I cut the bow out by hand.  I attached the base with Glue Dots, the top with Dimensionals and the bow with liquid glue.  The candle was punched out of Bermuda Bay and Summer Starfruit card stocks and attached to the card.  I added some Crystal Effects to the flame for a little dimension.  The finishing touch on this card was the Rhinestones added to the bow and the banners.  Hopefully these cheerful colors with bring a smile to a little girl's face.

Stampin' Up! Products Used
       

5 comments:

Janis PauseDreamEnjoy said...

Saw your card at Seize the Sketch and wanted to stop by and say love it!

Sherry Eckblad said...

love the fringe and the sparkle on the cupcake.
Thanks for joining us at STS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

SUPER FUN use of the sketch! Thanks for joining in with STS!

Lesley Croghan said...

This is terrific, Patti. Love your festive and fun card! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Deepti said...

Awwww such a sweet sparkly cupcake :) adorable card !