Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Guest on Merry Monday

Today I am a guest designer on the Merry Monday Challenge #110 because this card was chosen as the winner of the challenge a couple of weeks ago.  When I received the info about what this challenge was I had a minor panic attack.  The challenge was to use Christmas inspired food on my project.  Yikes!!!  I had no idea what to do.  I thought of a gingerbread cookie but didn't know where to start.  Google to the rescue.

My little cookie fellow is made from a template link on this blog.  He is larger than a regular A2 size card.  After printing the copy of the template, I cut it out and traced it on a piece of thin cardboard.  I then traced it again on half a piece of Soft Suede card stock.  I attached the other half of the sheet of card stock to the first with removable adhesive and cut out both at the same time.  I sponged around the edges of the front with Soft Suede ink.  The back was attached to the front by scoring near the top of the head of the back piece and attaching with adhesive to the front.  The crease from the scoring becomes the fold of the card.  The "icing" on the legs and arms was heat embossed using the retired VersaMarker and White Embossing Powder.  His bow tie was made from Real Red card stock by punching out two hearts and one small circle.  They were attached with Dimensionals.  I drew his smile on with a Basic Black Marker.  His cheeks are Real Red card stock punched out with one of the Itty Bitty punches, covered with Dazzling Details and attached with Glue Dots.  Another Itty Bitty punch and Whisper White card stock was used for his buttons.  They were also covered with Dazzling Details and attached using Glue Dots.  I got the idea for his little candy cane here.  I made it with the same punch as his cheeks using Whisper White and Real Red card stocks.  Some Dazzling Details was added to the white sections of the cane.  I tied a Cherry Cobber Baker's Twine bow around the candy cane and attached it to the card with Glue Dots.  The finishing touch was some googlies for the eyes.  This would be a cute card for my sweet granddaughter this Christmas.  We shall see.  Don't forget to check out the Merry Monday challenge this week and join in on the fun.

Stampin' Up Products Used
(If you would like to order any of these products, click on it and you will be taken directly to my on-line store)
 

12 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Very cute card, Patti! I too struggled with this challenge but it looks like we both pulled through. So great having you as Guest Designer this week! Have a great day!

LeAnne said...

Patti, I can't believe that you would ever panic about making a card because your cards are always delightful! This is adorable!! So sweet, he looks good enough to eat! So happy to have you as GD, too!

Karren said...

This is fabulous, Patti! Your gingerbread man looks good enough to eat! Thanks for joining us this week as GD.

Bonnie said...

I was so anxious to see how you made this card and as always, you've shared the details! Yay! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this week. Great job!

Lisa Flynn said...

I love it! Looks so real! Into my favorites. :)

Notes by Nina said...

Super cute Patti, I love your shaped card.

Katie Melhus said...

This is adorable yumminess! So glad to have you as our GD this week :)

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

So super adorable - I love his little eyes!!!

Deanne :)

Wendy said...

Your gingerbread is adorable, Patti! I'm a huge fan of gingerbread just not in cookie form. He is def a great food choice! Thanks for being our Guest Designer this week! :)

Marie B. said...

Well, panic attack aside, your gingerbread man is really cute! The sponging is very effective in giving dimension too! :)

Debbie Henderson said...

Awww, this little guy put a smile on my face. Totally adorable!

Lori said...

You totally ROCKED this challenge girl! He looks good enough to nibble on! lol...it's been awesome having you with us this week! CHEERS!