Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Happiest Bithday? - Maybe

You never know if someone is having their happiest birthday or not but I always hope that a hand made card will help brighten the day.  My card today was inspired by the Seize the Birthday Challenge with a topping of flowers and the Creating Pretty Cards Challenge #35.

Normally I go into a play by play of how I made the card but I'm going to try something different today.  As always, if you have a question about anything I've done on a card, please don't hesitate to ask in the comments or send me an e-mail.
Card BaseVery Vanilla card stock
ImageApothecary Art stamp set - colored using Blender Pen and Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding and Wisteria Wonder ink pads.  Sentiment from same stamp set - heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder and stamped using the Stamp-a-ma-jig.  Cut out with a Labels Framelit.  Matted to Coastal Cabana, also cut out with a Labels Framelit and paper pierced around the edges.
Strip Near Bottom:  Winter Frost designer paper (retired) matted with Coastal Cabana.
Left Side LayerAfternoon Picnic designer paper.  Matted with Wisteria Wonder; bottom cut with Finishing Touches EdgelitSilver Ribbon and bow added to top.
After attaching all pieces, I added the finishing touch of some Rhinestones to flowers and sentiment.  Lovely colors that go well together for a pretty spring look.  Thank you for your visit.  I hope you stop by again.

Stampin' Up! Products Used  
(may be ordered in my on-line store just by clicking)
  

4 comments:

Christy Fulk said...

I love your card using the CPC35 sketch! It's gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with this month's Creating Pretty Card Sketch at Craft Project Central.

Colleen said...

what a pretty card, I like your placement of flowers around your mat! Thank you for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday!

Glenda J said...

Really pretty card. Great details! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Glenda J said...

Pretty card with fabulous little details. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.