Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mother's Day Herringbone

I know mother's day is long gone, but I came across this card that I made for my daughter-in-love and decided to share it with you.  There is a great video and instructions on Dawn Olchefske's blog here.

Card BaseVery Vanilla card stock
Herringbone Layer:  The papers used for the design are the Modern Medley designer paper and Champagne Glimmer paper.  Matted with Rich Razzleberry card stock.
Sentiment:  Sentiment from the retired All Holidays stamp set was heat embossed on Very Vanilla with VersaMark, Rich Razzleberry ink and Clear Embossing Powder.  Cut out with Apothecary Accents Framelit.  Cut two more Rich Razzleberry pieces with same framelit, cut each in half (vertical and horizontal) and used to mat sentiment.  Attached to card with DimensionalsRich Razzleberry flowers punched with Boho Blossoms PunchChampagne center punched out with Itty Bitty Shapes Punch and attached to center of Rich Razzleberry with Glue DotsGlue Dots were used to add them to the sentiment layer.  Added Pearls to centers as well as to sentiment for the finishing touch.

She must have liked it because she told me she got a beautiful card in the mail for mother's day (I think she meant this one).  I really enjoy creating cards for family and friends.  I know it will be a one-of-a-kind card that can't be bought in a store.  Thank you for visiting.  Join me again.  If you'd like to receive an e-mail every time I post to my blog, fill in your e-mail address on my side bar near the top.  You'll then receive my latest post in your e-mail.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
(To order any of the products below, you can click on it and you will go directly to my on-line store)
  

No comments: