Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

You Make Me Happy

Good Wednesday morning.  Today's very clean and simple card is based on three challenges:  The Paper Players Challenge #195, CAS on Sunday Challenge #33, and One Layer Simplicity Challenge #5.

For the card base I chose Naturals White card stock.  The image from the Happy Watercolor stamp set was stamped using Black StazOn ink.  Using So Saffron, Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzazz ink pads and a Blender Pen, I colored in the flowers and stem.  I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get a good placement for the sentiment from the same stamp set.  Doing a one-layer card always seems like I'm leaving 
something off.  I ended up using the Scallop Trim Border Punch along the right edge of the card to add something extra to the card.  I then used the polka dot image from the stamp set, colored it with Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron and Calypso Coral markers and stamped it along the right inside edge so a little color would show through the punched edge.  See the photo below.  All in all, this was a very simple card to make.  I think the polka dots took longer to
do than coloring the flowers because I had to clean the stamp each time to change up the colors a little bit.  Thank you for checking out my blog.  I hope you get a chance to visit again.






Stampin' Up! Products Used


 

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is so realistic, Patti! I love how you colored these, and the polka dots are a fun surprise on the inside! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Paper Players!

Marianne said...

You have made a pretty card

Ann Schach said...

Clean and beautiful, Patti! I love the dotted edge...and those gorgeous flowers. You did a great job with the challenge colors! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love how you shaded the image and the punched edge is a fun detail. Very pretty, Patti! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Anja (scrappie) said...

Great card. Glad you joined us over at CAS on sunday.

Mariken said...

Beautiful card, love this one. Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!
Mariken xx