Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Sis

Hi out there.  I haven't been creating much lately so the posts are few and far between.  For at least three weeks, I have been struggling with computer issues.  I've run numerous and varied scans and did find some "baddies" that were gotten rid of.  But I continued to have issues and it has been consuming my time.  I'm not sure what we did, but today everything seems to be working normally.  (Let's hope the computer gremlins don't hear that).  I guess there was some little accidental fix on our part that did it.


Today's card is one I did create for my sister's birthday last week.  It's pretty generic on the outside but the inside is the fun part.  I have wanted to try this pop-up card for quite a while but I kept putting it off because I thought it would be too hard.  I found a great tutorial by Lisa Young here.  If you prefer to watch a video,  check out Dawn Olchefske's post here.

Card BaseCrisp Cantaloupe card stock.  Add layer of Bermuda Bay card stock.  On a piece of Very Vanilla card stock stamp the dots from the Dotty Angles stamp set with Bermuda Bay ink.  Add piece of Crisp Cantaloupe ribbon and attach layer to card.
Image:  Using Crisp Cantaloupe, Bermuda Bay and Raspberry Ripple markers, ink directly on the stamp from the Embellished Events stamp set.  Huff on it and stamp on Very Vanilla card stock.  Cut out with the Ovals Framelits.  Mat it with Bermuda Bay card stock also cut out with the Ovals Framelits.  Add Gold Glitz Dazzling Details to the flames and the cake plate; let dry and add image to card with Dimensionals.  Added some Pearls to the cake.  I then added some Crisp Cantaloupe and Gold Sequins for a confetti effect.

For the presents inside, I used the tutorials mentioned above.  Birthday Basics designer paper (retired) was used for the presents.  Retired Summer Starfruit ribbon and Crisp Cantaloupe Baker's Twine were added for decoration.  My sister really enjoyed the card so I'm glad I finally gave it a try.  Why not try one yourself.

Stampin' Up! Products Used
Retired Stampin' Up! Products  
Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper; Crisp Cantaloupe 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Ribbon; Summer Starfruit 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon 


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a fun card, Patti! I'll bet your sister loved it!