Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Happy Father's Day Son

Hi all.  As I was thumbing through the Stampin' Up! annual catalog, I realized I never think to use it when my mojo wanders off so I decided to try CASEing some of the ideas they offer.  The idea for this card came from one on page 109.  I am also submitting it to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #132 (color Kraft can't be used and add ribbon of some sort).

Card Base:   Sahara Sand card stock.  Embossed another piece Sahara Sand card stock with Stylish Stripes embossing folder.  Added a strip of Blackberry Bliss card stock and Moonlight designer paper and attached the layer to the card.
Sentiment:  Heat embossed the sentiment from the Delightful Dozen stamp set (retired) on Whisper White card stock using VersaMark, Blackberry Bliss ink and Clear Embossing Powder.  Colored in the word father with the Hello Honey marker and rounded the corners.  Hemp twine (retired), my choice of ribbon of some sort, was wrapped around and held down in the back with Glue Dots.  Using the Word Bubbles Framelits, I cut out two from Vellum Card Stock and attached them to another piece of Moonlight designer paper (corners also rounded).  Added a jumbo eyelet and popped the layer up with Dimensionals.  Added the sentiment layer with Dimensionals to finish it off.

It isn't an exact CASE but I adapted it to meet my needs.  And it certainly helps when your creativity goes on vacation.  Enjoy your day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used
 
     

No comments: