Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Celebrate Baby

Happy weekend.  Today I have a baby card for you.  I used two challenges for my inspiration.  The first is the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #149.  The other is the Fab Friday Challenge #48 - make a baby card to celebrate one of the design team members who just had a baby boy.  I don't need one at the moment, but I'll be glad I have it when the need presents itself.

Base:  Coastal Cabana card stock.  Attached a piece of Lullaby designer paper to Hello Honey card stock and added it to the card front.
Ribbon Layers:  To each of two pieces of Pistachio Pudding card stock I added two lengths of Baked Brown Sugar ribbon, straight edges together.  Over that I added Hello Honey ribbon and attached both layers to the card.
Image/Sentiment:  The sentiment from the Celebrate Baby stamp set was stamped on Whisper White card 
stock with Baked Brown Sugar ink and the layer matted with Hello Honey card stock.  I stamped the mobile from the same stamp set on Whisper White with Pistachio Pudding ink and fussy cut out the top.  I popped it up on the card with Dimensionals.  For the stars I used the In Color Sequins.  The   Baked Brown Sugar marker was used to draw the strings.  I stamped the part of the mobile with the moon on Whisper White with Hello Honey ink, cut it out and attached it with a piece of Dimensional.  Dimensionals were also used to add the layer to the card.
The Finishing Touch:  Pearls were added to the center of the stars, along the scallops of the mobile top, and as a hanger for the mobile.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  As a reminder, I have blog candy waiting to be claimed (see this post here).  Leave a comment by Sunday, August 17, 4:00 pm on posts between Thursday and Sunday or drop me an e-mail.  Please remember to include your e-mail so I can reach you if you win.  Enjoy the weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
  

4 comments:

Amy O said...

What a sweet baby card! I love the little touches of pearls. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Brian King said...

So sweet! Love the mobile, and the colors are perfect for a baby card. Thanks for playing along with this surprise challenge from FabFriday.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Oh I love the sequins! Thanks for playing along and joining in the surprise for us!

Amanda Mertz said...

What a cute way to use the star sequins! Love it! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!