Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's Kinda Eclectic


Happy Wednesday all.  Today's card is based on two challenges:  Fab Friday #47 (sketch) and CAS on Sunday #39 - butterfly.

Card Base:  Night of Navy card stock.
White Layer:  Naturals Ivory card stock.  I stamped the big sun-like image from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set using Daffodil Delight ink and added it to the card front.
Leaves:  The leaves from the same set were inked with Pear Pizzazz, the edges rolled on Mossy Meadow ink and then stamped on Naturals White card stock.  I fussy cut the leaves and then added Crystal Effects for a wet, glossy look.  Glue Dots were used to attach them to the card.
Butterfly:  I inked up the butterfly from the stamp set with Calypso Coral and rolled the edges in Night of Navy ink.  It was stamped on Naturals White card stock and punched out with the Elegant Butterfly punch.  After creasing it in the center, I attached it to the card with a DimensionalPearls colored with Daffodil Delight Blendabilities were added in the center.
The Finishing Touch:  White Baker's Twine was tied through a retired brights button that was attached using Glue Dots.

I'm still trying to get back in a regular groove but I've been working on other things that take me away from the cards.  Also, tomorrow is my four-year blogoversary so keep an eye out for some blog candy.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
 

3 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

I love how you did the leaves! I always forget about Crystal Effects. Well done! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Anja Curvers said...

Very pretty nice CAS design. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card! I have this stampset too and I love it. Thank you for playing along with us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma