Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Merry Monday - Yes...& No

Happy weekend to everyone.  It has certainly been a long time since I posted.  I wish I could tell you I was on an extended and exotic vacation but that wasn't the case.  My laptop has not been very cooperative and after spending oodles of time trying to figure out the problem (no solution yet), I got craft lazy.  But, computer or not, I'm hoping to get on track again.

The heading from my post does say Merry Monday and normally I would have a Christmas card to share.  This week, though, they are having a birthday blog hop for one of the design team, LeAnne Pugliese.  I've enjoyed visiting her blog for a while now and thought I would add my belated best wishes to those of everyone else.

CARD BASE:  Daffodil Delight card stockSweet Taffy designer paper matted with Rich Razzleberry card stock.
FLOWER:  Image from the Bloom with Hope hostess stamp set stamped on Whisper White card stock with Memento Ink.  Colored with Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities (I do need more practice using these).  I then fussy cut it out.  Used a VersaMark marker on center of flower and added Heat and Stick Powder.  After melting with the Heat Tool, I added Iridescent Ice and gently heated it to set it.  Gives a lovely sparkle to the flower center.
LEAVES:  Cut leaves out of Old Olive card stock with the Big Shot and the Flower Fair Framelits.  Added to flower.  Dazzling Details was added around edge and down center.
SENTIMENT:  Sentiment is from the same stamp set as above.  Stamped on Daffodil Delight card stock with Rich Razzleberry ink.  Cut out with Bitty Banners Framelits.  Also added to back of flower.  The flower was attached to the card with Dimensionals.  For the finishing touch, I added a Pearls to the flower center and on the sentiment.

Thank you for stopping by.  Enjoy your weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used
(Order any of the following items by clicking on it.  You will go directly to my on-line store.) 

3 comments:

Karren said...

This is so pretty! Your flower is just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us for LeAnne's birthday at Merry Monday.

LeAnne said...

Thanks so much, Patti! I hope you get your computer issue resolved soon! Meanwhile, I'll enjoy this beautiful card with it's lovely flower! Thanks for sharing this and helping me celebrate my big day!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the flower.