Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Little Birdie Told Me.....

My card today is for my daughter-in-love's sister and her fiance.  They just got engaged and I wanted to send our best wishes.  I used the sketch from the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #195 (I did turn the sketch 90 degrees to the right).

The card base is Smoky Slate card stock.  A piece of Soft Sky card stock was first cut along one edge with the Large Scallop Edgelit.  I then ran it through the Big Shot again with the Delicate Designs embossing folder being careful to line up the design with the scalloped edge.  The bird from the Hello Love hostess stamp set was heat embossed using VersaMark and Smoky Slate embossing powder.  The sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped using Lost Lagoon ink.  I cut a piece of Lost Lagoon card stock with the same edgelit as above and attached it to the back of the embossed edge on the Soft SkyPear Pizzazz cotton ribbon was attached right above the embossed area.  Another small piece of the ribbon was tied in a knot around the longer piece.  All is Calm designer paper was added to the bottom of the front of the card before adding the embossed layer.  And that was it.  The embossed scallop really adds a little punch to a very simple card.  Thank you for visiting.  I hope you're enjoying the same beautiful weather we are here in the Northeast.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
 

5 comments:

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Oh! I like how you flipped the sketch and added the larger scallop! Very cute! Thanks for playing at HSS!

LeAnne said...

Love these colors, Patti! The couple will love it!

Elizabeth Price said...

Your card is so fabulous! The colors are super yummy and the working the sketch in a landscape orientation is so smart, it's awesome. Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

inkypinkies said...

I love what you did with the sketch here! Flipping it creates a really cool look, and I always love that lacy embossing folder. What a cute and clever way to congratulate the happy couple. Thanks for playing the sketch at HSS! ~ Erika

brrenwick said...

What an adorable card! I love that you flipped the sketch too! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!