Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Clean and Simple Happy Birthday

Today I am using three challenges on this card.  I know, it's a very clean and simple card and I used three challenges!!  I started with the Paper Players Challenge #214 (clean and simple masculine card).  The Creative Challenge Club #14 was used for the colors (use some or all) and the CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge #93 was used for the sketch (I did turn the sketch 90 degrees for my card).

For the base I chose Naturals Ivory card stock.  A piece of Trim the Tree designer paper was layered on Hello Honey card stock.  Natural Trim Ribbon (retired) was attached to the layer.  The sentiment from the Tag Talk stamp 
set was heat embossed on Hello Honey card stock with VersaMark and Early Espresso embossing powder.  It was punched out with the Label Bracket punch.  I matted it with Old Olive card stock cut out with the same punch and cut in half to use as the mat.  A piece of Moonlight designer paper was cut with the smallest Banners FramelitOld Olive was cut with the next larger framelit and used to mat the smaller one.  The banner was slipped under the ribbon and the sentiment was popped up with Dimensionals.  For a finishing touch I added three Cajun Craze Candy Dots.  There you have it - clean and simple and, I think, a good guy card.  In the future, I'd like to see if I can turn it up a notch with more detail.  When I get to it, I'll post it here.  Won't be for a week or so because I have to prepare for a class a week from Saturday.  Thank you for stopping by.  Have a wonderful fall weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 

7 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Great way to combine the challenges, Patty! Great colors and textures for a masculine CAS card! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Andrea W said...

Fun colors and I love the texture the ribbon adds. Thanks for sharing your CAS masculine creation at The Paper Players.

stampwithsandy said...

What a fun card Patti! Love the mix of colors, the layout, and the mix of textures. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

Jacqueline said...

I love how you have rotated the sketch and the added texture in your card - fabulous. Thanks for playing along this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

karen h said...

Cool card - great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Patricia Hays said...

It's a great masculine card! I really like the texture of the ribbon. It's nice to see your work again at CAS Colours & Sketches! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

Really like your CAS masculine card using our sketch challenge. Thank you for joining in with us at CAS Colours and Sketches
Louise