Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

BOO!! - Card #2

This is sort of the second card from my class on Saturday.  When I saw the Stampin' Celebration Challenge #88 and hadn't come up with my cards for class (yes, I am a last-minute person), I decided to use the beautiful inspration picture to make a halloween card.  My original card is shown below but I wanted to step it up a bit to make it a special one for my granddaughter.  I am also adding this to the Paper Players Challenge #216 - Halloween.

Card Base:  Basic Black card stock cut 4-1/4" x 11"; score at 5-1/2.
Layers:  Emboss Basic Black CS with Chevron embossing folder.  Mat with Pumpkin Pie CS.  Attach to card.
Grass:  Cut one edge of Old Olive CS with Fringe Scissors.  Sponge edges with Old Olive ink.  Add to card using adhesive along the bottom edge only.

Pumpkins:  Cut out of Pumpkin Pie Textured CS using the Fun Fall Framelits.  Trim off the stems and sponge around them with Pumpkin Pie CS.  Cut three new stems from Old Olive CS using just the stem parts of the dies.  Attach the new stems to back of pumpkins.  Add "grooves" with Pumpkin Pie Marker.  Attach them to card.
Ghosts:  Cut out of Whisper White CS using the Fun Fall Framelits.  I added Dazzling Details around the edge of each ghost.  Add one ghost behind the grass.  Attach the other ghost using an Action Wobble.  Googlies were also added.
The Finishing Touch - B O O:  Cut the letters out of retired Polka Dot Parade designer paper using the Little Letter Thinlits.  Attach to card.  Crystal Effects was added to give them some dimension.

Class Card
This is the card we made in class.  Pumpkins were stamped before being cut out.  No Dazzling Details, Crystal Effects or sponging.  The one ghost did have the Action Wobble attached.  Either way, I think the card makes for a cute halloween card.  If you have any questions about either card, please feel free to contact me.  I hope you're having a great day.  I still have one more card from the class and will be sharing it soon.  Thanks for stopping by.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
     

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable, Patti! I love those googly-eyed ghosts. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Dale Morin said...

Love the ghost card! Just adorable.

Claire Creates Cards said...

Such a FUN Halloween card! The chevron background is perfect and the little ghost with the goggly eyes are too cute! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

wendi said...

Cute card, love the chevron as well! Looks great with the ghosts and pumpkins.