Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Class Card #1

I forgot today was World Card Making Day but since I had a class scheduled, it turned out we participated anyway.  My first card from the class is Christmas themed and based on the Merry Monday Challenge #128 - add stripes and/or polka dots and the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #365.  Again, I turned the layout 90 degrees.  Plus the sketch was supposed to be "tall and skinny" but I made mine "long and skinny".

Card Base:  Used Whisper White card stock for the card base.  Added a layer of Cherry Cobbler card stock.  The card size is 3-1/4" x 6-1/2".
Layers:  Heat embossed the sentiment from the retired Greetings of the Season stamp set with Gold embossing powder.  Ran it through the Big Shot with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder and attached it to the card.  Next to that I added a piece of Trim the Tree designer paper
Banners:  Added three banners - one from Gold Glimmer Paper, one from Cherry Cobbler card stock and one from another piece of Trim the Tree
paper.  When I use glimmer paper, I usually peel off the backing.  It doesn't seem to adhere too well with it and it also makes it thinner and easier to work with.  I punched out a white star and attached it to the banners with a gold brad.  They were then added to the card.
The Finishing Touch:  Sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim were randomly added for a little more glitz.
Thank you for taking a look at today's card.  I will share the other cards we made in the near future.  Enjoy the weekend.  It's a bit rainy here today but hopefully tomorrow will bring some sunshine.

Stampin' Up! Products Used
  

2 comments:

Jen said...

This is a very pretty Christmas card! I love the shimmer from the glimmer paper and the sequins. Those seem to make everything more festive, don't they? Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday. And happy World Card Making Day!

Bonnie said...

I love these long, skinny cards and this one is so pretty with the bright green and pretty flags! Love the sequins too! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!