Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

Merry & Bright

Well, here I am - Last Minute Louie.  The Paper Players Challenge #221 is due in a couple of hours but I didn't start working on my card until late yesterday afternoon.  So to work with those great colors, I chose the Tis' the Season Challenge #29 for my sketch.

Card Base:  Cherry Cobbler Textured card stock (retired).  Add a layer of Whisper White card stock that I embossed using the retired Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  Mossy Meadow ribbon was attached.  I tied a bow around the ribbon using the Gold Metallic Baker's Twine.
Poinsettia:  I cut out four flowers from Cherry Cobbler card stock using three dies from my 
poinsettia die set.  Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details was added around the tips of the petals.  A gold glimmer brad was added to the center.  After adding a couple of Mossy Meadow leaves cut from the same dies.  I popped it up on the card with Dimensionals.
Sentiment:  The sentiment from the Good Greetings stamp set was stamped on the bottom using Black Memento Ink.
I'm just going to make it.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
  
 

5 comments:

Joanne James said...

Love your dry embossed background and the way you've edged your poinsetta with red glitter - adds a great touch of festive sparkle. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Lisa said...

What a lovely card! The poinsettia is so pretty and the dry embossing looks just perfect behind it!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at 'Tis The Season!

Angel Johns said...

This is beautiful! I love the red sparkle around the poinsettia! Great job on the sketch. Thanks for joining our challenge at Tis the Season.

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Very pretty Christmas card, Patti! I love the poinsettia in place of the circle on your card. Thanks for playing with us at 'Tis the Season.
Sara

Lisa said...

Great card! I love the colors and what you did with the sketch! Great idea of replacing the circle with the poinsettia, and the embossed poinsettia background ties in perfectly!