Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Traveler Train

As I was looking at some of the challenges out there in blog land, I came across the Paper Players Challenge #220 to use something vintage on the card or make a vintage card.  I'm not good with vintage cards but I think the train certainly looks vintage.  I also used the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge #226 and the sketch from the Sunday Stamps Challenge #88.

Card Base:  Naturals Ivory card stock.  Added a layer of Mossy Meadow card stock.  I attached three pieces of Burlap Ribbon; each end was frayed before attaching to the Mossy Meadow.
Image Layer:  The train image from the Traveler stamp set was stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock with Soft Suede ink.  The edges were distressed and sponged with Soft Suede ink.  To mat the picture I chose Cajun Craze card stock.  The edges were sponged with Soft Suede ink
I wrapped hemp twine around it three times and added a retired vanilla brad.  I then tore the bottom edge and sponged that also.  The image layer was attached to the burlap with Dimensionals.

This turned out to be a clean and simple card and perfect for sending to a special guy in your life.  Hope your week is going well.  The weekend is almost here.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 

 

12 comments:

Katy McGloin said...

Love the vintage look of your card! Thanks for including the PPA color challenge in your stamping fun this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is terrific! Love how you used the burlap ribbon! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Linda Callahan said...

Sorry Patti....I mean PPA........:)

LeAnne said...

Love this, Patti! Someone else was talking about using this image for their creation as well...love it with the burlap in the background! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week!

Shannon Jaramillo said...

Patti, what a great vintage card!! I love how you managed to work in three challenges with it as well...fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with the Pals this week!

Claire Creates Cards said...

Patti, I just love the image and the burlap ribbon! Perfect vintage card! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Yapha said...

I love the train with the burlap! It's such a great combo. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, this is awesome! Love the vintage feel with the train and burlap.

Ellen said...

Wow, a great card! I love all of it, nice colors and a fantastic design. Greetings from Ellen

OttawaMom said...

That image certainly has a vintage feel and works perfectly with our sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Kerry Willard Bray said...

What a beautiful card! I love the burlap frame that you created! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

I love the burlap background behind the locomotive--it makes it so "old fashioned" (in a good way!) You've created a very pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps--we hope you can join us again soon!
:) Marie