Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Birthday #2

It has been such a long time since I posted to my blog.  Because of that I would like to wish you all a belated Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy new year.  And since I was so laid back for a few months, cards weren't being created.  But, my beautiful granddaughter just celebrated her second birthday last week and I wanted to share the card I made for her.

I used the second largest circle from the Circles Framelits to cut the base from Basic Black card stock.  I folded the card stock first and then cut leaving a bit of folded edge at the top.  I cut another circle from Real Red card stock, cut it in half and sponged around the edges with Basic Black ink.  The black "dots" were punched out with the 3/8" circle punch (retired) and attached using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  I then added a thick layer of Crystal Effects to get the shiny, raised look.  For the head I punched out two circles from Basic Black card stock using the 1-3/4" Circle Punch.  The leaf stem from the Bird Builder Punch was used to make the antennae from Basic Black card stock.  I attached them to one of the circles and then added the other circle.  The head was attached to the front of the card before I added the red wings.  For the finishing touch I added some googlies to the head.

My card turned out to be a little larger than the normal A2 size so I took out my Envelope Punch Board and created the perfect size envelope out of Vellum Card Stock.  The balloon embellishments I've had sitting around in a drawer for a few years.  Since my wrapping paper had balloons all over it, I thought they would help brighten up the plain envelope.

Well, thank you so much for stopping by.  I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things.  There are some birthdays coming up and that should get me going.  Enjoy a great week.

Stampin' Up! Products Used


   

1 comment:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is super cute, Patti! What a great design!