Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Birthday Butterfly

I am one of three sisters.  Our middle sister celebrated her birthday last week and this is the card I came up with.  I'm still struggling with getting back into create mode after "goofing off" for so long.  But, thankfully, there are a lot of challenges out there for inspiration.  The two I used here are:  Sunday Stamps #95 and Craft Project Central's Creating Pretty Cards #44.

Card Base:   Smoky Slate card stock, 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", folded in half.
Leaf Layer:  Starting at the top of a piece of Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer paper, I sponged Basic Gray, Smoky Slate and Coastal Cabana inks for an ombre effect.  Using a tissue, I wiped off any excess ink and that made the leaves really pop.  Added some Coastal Cabana ruffled ribbon (retired) along each side and attached the layer to the card.  I then added a strip
of Basic Gray and another of Smoky Slate card stock.
Butterfly:  On a piece of Whisper White card stock I stamped part of the Something Lacy Background stamp with Coastal Cabana ink and cut out the smallest butterfly in the Butterflies Thinlits from it.  I then cut two more from Coastal Cabana and Smoky Slate card stock.  They were each cut in half and used to mat the stamped butterfly.  It was attached to the card using Glue Dots.
Finishing Touches:  I added a bow made from the Smoky Slate Taffeta Ribbon to the butterfly.  Frosted Sequins were added.  Some Pearls were added to the butterfly and the centers of the sequins on the gray strips.

This card is kind of "busy" so I left off the sentiment.  It will be added to the inside.  Thanks for checking out my blog.  Enjoy the rest of the week.

Stampin' Up! Products Used


 


4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! I love the colors!

Angel Johns said...

Very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Claire Broadwater said...

Patti, your card is lovely! The colors are so pretty! Such a beautiful butterfly! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week! XX

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Patti. Love the resist paper and the pretty green hue. The butterfly is so pretty! So glad you joined us at CPC.