Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day 2015

I hope everyone is enjoying Valentine's Day.  I made this card for my sweet little granddaughter based on the CAS(E) this Sketch #110.

Card Base:  Daffodil Delight card stock
White Layer:  Embossed the top of a piece of Whisper White card stock using one of the Adorning Accents embossing folders (retired) and attached it to the card.
Image:  Stamped the image from the also retired Greeting Card Kids stamp set on Whisper White card stock using Memento Ink PadDaffodil Delight, Night of Navy and Skin Tone Assortment Blendabilities were used to color in the image.  Crystal Effects was added to give her shoes the look of patent leather.  Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details gave the little heart some sparkle.  After fussy cutting the image, I popped it up with Dimensionals on a Night of Navy heart cut using the Hearts Framelits that I had attached to the card.
Sentiment:  The sentiment from the retired Something to Celebrate stamp set was heat embossed on Whisper White card stock using Versamark and Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder mixed with Dazzling Diamonds.  I used one of the pennants from the Gift Card Envelope and Trim Thinlits to cut it out.  I then cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock to use as a mat.  A Bone Folder was used to give it a "wavy" effect.  Glue Dots were used to attach it to the card, tucking one end under the heart.

I did use a number of retired items but that's because I don't invest in a lot of stamp sets with Valentine themes anymore.  Plus I love the Greeting Card Kids and will probably hang on to that for a while.  We're experiencing some more snow again as well as being very cold.  Hope the weather is better where you are.  Enjoy the weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used

    

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Clean and adorable, Patti! This is one of my favorite stamp sets :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I'm sure your grand-daughter will love this! Super sweet take on the sketch!