Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

My, How the Time Has Flown

Today's card is the one I made for my younger son's birthday (he will be getting it late but since he doesn't check out my blog, I feel safe posting it).  It's hard to believe that so many years have gone by; he's been out of his 20's for a little while now.  I used two challenges to spark my creativity:  Fusion Card Challenge (just used the sketch) and Seize the Birthday - anything goes.

Base:  Lost Lagoon card stock
White Layer:  Punched 5 small banners from the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack using the Banner Punch and attached near the bottom of the Whisper White card stock layer using Glue Dots.  A piece of retired black grosgrain ribbon was added.  Over that I wrapped Basic Black Baker's Twine two times over the ribbon.  The layer was then added to the card front.
Sentiment:  Stamped the sentiment from the Perfect Pennants stamp set on Chalkboard paper using the Yellow Citrus Colorbox Chalk ink pad.  The dots were added around the edge using the same ink and a small piece of thin dowel.  After it was dry, I cut it out using the Circles Framelits (fourth one from the center).  It was then matted with Hello Honey card stock punched out with the 2-1/2" Circle PunchDimensionals were used to attach it to the card.  I hope any wishes he makes will come true.  And I hope you have a great weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used

  

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Love it, Patti! A wonderful choice of patterns and colors! The chalkboard paper looks fabulous!

SmilynStef said...

Love the chalkboard effect with yellow ... such a great design for the sketch ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge

Jeanne J said...

Great masculine card! The chalkboard, banners and twine are wonderful!