Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Look Who's Turning 4

Happy weekend to all.  Today's card is the one I made for the upcoming birthday of my niece's little girl.  They don't read my blog so I'm not worried about them seeing it ahead of time.

The card base is So Saffron card stockCajun Craze "spots" punched out with the 1/2" Circle Punch were added along both sides.  On a piece of Whisper White card stock I sponged clouds using Soft Sky ink and a template I made using some scallop punches and acetate.  I added some "grass" made from Wild Wasabi card stock and the Fringe Scissors.  The grass was sponged with Wild Wasabi ink.  For the giraffe I found this great post by Kellie Paxton here.  The few things I changed were:  So Saffron was used for the body sponged with Hello Honey ink; tufts were hand cut; the tail made with circle punch; legs cut with the Paper Cutter; Cajun Craze card stock was used for the spots; added to the back were matching punched out card stock for the head, body and nose (large oval) just to make it look nice.  Crystal Effects was added to his eyes for some dimension.  I have to admit, he was a little time consuming but well worth the effort.  Dimensionals were used to attach him to the card.  The sentiment from the Hooray It's Your Day stamp set was heat embosssed on Whisper White card stock with VersaMark and Wild Wasabi embossing powder (retired).  I cut it out using the Word Bubbles Framelits.  Another one was cut out of Cajun Craze card stock to mat the sentiment.  This was also added using DimensionalsCandy Dots were added for color and to carry on the "spot" theme.  The number 4 was made with Simply Pressed Clay and the Alphanumeric Mold.  After it dried, I colored it with the Cajun Craze markerGlues Dots were used to add it to the card.

I hope you enjoyed today's card.  Please take a moment to leave a comment and let me know what you think.  It was definitely a labor of love and helped get my juices flowing to pick up the pace of my dormant creating.  Have a great weekend and I hope to see you back soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used

 

No comments: