Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Doggie Treat

This is not filled with dog treats but sweet treats for my granddaughter.  For Easter I brought a couple of curvy keepsake treat boxes for her aunt and uncle (see below).  Emma saw them and wanted one.  I told her it was for her aunt but I would make a special one for her.  I decided to try
to make one that looked like (or similar to) their shih-tsu Lilly.  How did I do?  The ears gave me a problem but, hey, this is working with card stock so I guess I'm allowed a little artistic license.  I used Crumb Cake card stock for the head.  The eyes were punched out of Whisper White, Crumb Cake and Basic Black card stocks using the Owl Builder punch and the 1/2" Circle Punch.  The mask was punched out of Baked Brown Sugar using the retired heart punch.  I punched out the nose from Soft Suede card stock with the retired small heart punch.  The tongue was made with Blushing Bride card stock punched out with the Word Window Punch.  I used the Large Oval Punch for the ears.  I trimmed off one end, snipped off one of the curved ends and used the Fringe Scissors and Paper Snips for the ends.  I also sponged around most of the pieces with the matching inks.  When Lilly gets groomed, she always comes home with some adornments so I added pink bows here.  Let me know what you think of my attempt at a Curvy Keepsake doggie box.
I made these treats for the little kids class at church and made two for Emma's aunt and uncle.  I saw so many on line that I just borrowed the ideas from some of the ones I liked.  You can't see it here but I added a cotton ball on the back for the bunny tail.  It's surprising how many mini peanut butter cups and kisses you can fit in this little box.
Hope you enjoyed today's post.  We are enjoying some warm, sunny weather today.  Windows are open.  Yahooooo!!

Stampin' Up! Products Used

 









No comments: