Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Balloons for a Birthday

Today I have a birthday card for a little girl in my family.  I wanted something with cheerful colors so I chose a palette of Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Tangerine Tango.

I used Tangerine Tango card stock for the card base.  I ran a piece of Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (sadly, this will be retiring at the end of this month).  The corners were rounded with the Project Life Corner Punch.  Two pieces of the Irresistibly Yours designer paper from Sale-a-bration were sponged with Tangerine Tango and Old Olive inks, cut out with the Balloon Framelits Dies, sponged around edges with same color inks and attached to the card with Glue Dots.  Before adding them to the card I tied a bow using Old Olive and Tangerine Tango Baker's Twine on each leaving a long tail.  The sentiment from the Perfect Pennants stamp set was heat embossed on Crushed Curry card stock using VersaMark and Tangerine Tango embossing powder.  This was also cut out with the Balloon Framelits and the edges sponged.  Crushed Curry Baker's Twine was tied in a bow on the balloon.  I used an Action Wobble to attach it to the card.  Hopefully, the recipient will have fun making the balloon wiggle back and forth.  The tails of the balloons were covered with Old Olive and Crushed Curry 1/8" Taffeta RibbonCandy Dots attached to Candy Dots Brad Bases were added between the ribbons.  This layer was then added to the card base.  I hope you enjoyed this colorful birthday card.

Some of the items I used will be retiring at the end of May or are already retired.  The list below includes only those items that are available now.  If there are any stamping supplies that you need, please visit my on line store HERE.  Have a great weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 


No comments: