Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

Happy Fourth

Did you think this was a Fourth of July card?  Sorry.  Today my son and daughter-in-love are celebrating their fourth wedding anniversary.  For their card, I chose to make a fancy fold screen divider card.  There are directions all over the web but I used this video by Dawn Olchefske for the basic directions.

For the card base (cut 5-1/2" x 11" and scored at 2-3/4", 5-1/2" and 8-1/4"), I used Pistachio Pudding card stock.  I punched along the top with the retired Scallop Trim Border Punch.  The Decorative Label punch was used at the bottom to create the "legs".  Four pieces of Gold Soiree designer paper were matted with Calypso Coral card stock and attached to each divider.  The butterflies were cut from Garden Green card stock using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit and attached randomly using Glue Dots.  The Calypso Coral flowers were punched using the Boho Blossoms Punch.  Before attaching them I pressed the center with a stylus to give them dimension using the Stampin' Pierce Mat as a cushion.  They, too, were attached with Glue Dots.  The sentiment from the Memorable Moments stamp set was stamped on Whisper White card stock using Black Memento Ink and punched out with the Decorative Label Punch.  Using the same punch, I punched out two more from Garden Green card stock, cut them and used them to mat the sentiment.  The sentiment was also attached with Glue Dots.  For the finishing touch, I added Rhinestones to the butterflies, the flowers and the sentiment.  This was not as difficult to make as I thought and I am very happy with the end result.

Thank you for stopping by.  I have been very lax with the posting but I have been suffering for three weeks with seasonal allergies which have totally sapped all my energy.  I do have another card to post in the next couple of days.  Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 

 

No comments: