Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Happy Wedding Day

Happy Thursday.  Better yet, happy almost weekend.  A friend recently asked me to make a wedding card for her.  This is the card I created.

Because I like the look of a larger card for special occasions, this card is 5" x 7".  The card base is Very Vanilla card stock cut at 7" x 10".  I embossed a piece of Pool Party card stock with the retired Filigree Frame Embossing Folder, rounded the corners with the Project Life Corner punch and attached the layer to the card front.  I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock so that it would fit in the center of the swirls in the embossed layer and rounded those corners with the same punch.  The sentiment from a long retired stamp set was heat embossed with VersaMark and Gold Embossing Powder.  The bells from the Embellished Events stamp set (retired) were heat embossed with Pool Party Embossing Powder (retired) on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla.  I fussy cut them out and attached them to the sentiment layer with Dimensionals.  After adding this layer to the card, I added Pearls to the card for the finishing touches.  Since I didn't have an envelope to hold the card, I pulled out my handy-dandy Envelope Punch Board and created one using the Neutrals Envelope Paper.  Great product.

Thanks for checking out my post today.  I know I haven't been around much but I'm hoping to remedy that.  What I need is a swift kick in the backside to get me moving.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 

  

No comments: