Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

Happy Birthday in the Spotlight

Happy weekend to all.  Today's card is one I created for a life-long friend (literally since kindergarten).  This is for the Seize the Birthday Challenge to use punches or die cuts on the card.  I found this technique here.  Fun to do and so easy.

Card BaseWatermelon Wonder card stock cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4" on long side.
Floral LayerBlushing Bride card stock cut 4-1/8" x 5-3/8".  I randomly stamped the larger flowers from the Crazy About You stamp set.  The other flowers are from the Flower Patch stamp set.  Watermelon Wonder and Calypso Coral inks were used to stamp the flowers.  To create an area in the center that could be stamped on, I sponged on Whisper White Craft Ink.  Be sure you give this enough time to thoroughly dry before you stamp.  I cut out three happy's from Basic Black card stock using the Hello You Thinlits and layered them together using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.  It gives the word a little more dimension.  Before attaching it to the card, I heat embossed the word birthday from the Crazy About You stamp set using the Basic Black Archival stamp pad and Clear Embossing Powder.  I then attached "happy" using Glue Dots that I rolled in order to make them fit.
The Finishing TouchRhinestones were added for some extra birthday bling.

I'm trying to spend more time creating but my energy levels have bottomed out and I'm trying to resolve those issues.  Makes me feel good when I do finish a project.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used

 

3 comments:

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty background....love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Hannelie said...

This looks fabulous!
Thanks for joining Seize the Birthday !

shirley-bee said...

Love the pretty floral background! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)