Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Peace & Joy

Yes, you're seeing a Christmas card.  It may be early for some but when I saw The Friday Mashup Challenge #228 to use a silhouette, this was the first stamp set I thought of.  I also used the CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge #144; love this color combination.

I chose Night of Navy card stock for the base.  I spritzed the front with the retired Champagne Shimmer Paint that I mixed with alcohol.  Hard to see in the photo but it adds a subtle touch of glimmer.  I used a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Shimmery White card stock for the image layer.  Soft Sky and Night of Navy inks were sponged on for the background.  I heat embossed just the shepherds 
from the Every Blessing stamp set using Versamark and Black Embossing Powder.  I then heat embossed the star with Gold Embossing Powder.  The sentiment from the retired Good Greetings stamp set was also heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.  To mat the image layer, I used a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of retired Brushed Gold card stock.  Since almost every card I make gets mailed, I try to keep from going over the limit of one stamp.  When I cut the mat for the image, I cut out the center of the gold card stock leaving about a 1/2" edge that I attached the layer to.  This was then attached to the front of the card.  The shimmery paper gives the effect of a starry sky.  It's hard to capture in the photo.

Thank you for your visit.  Come back soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 

 

7 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Absolutely beautiful, Patti.

Jane said...

Love this traditional Christmas scene, great use of the CC&S colours. Thanks for playing.

Amy Kunkle said...

Great card! Love the colors and the silhouettes. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup.

Lisa said...

Lovely Christmas card, this is definitely a perfect image for the mashup.

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Patricia Hays said...

I love the subtle shimmer of the cardstock and your mist. Your card is an excellent example of how the "white space" on a CAS styled card does not literally have to be white. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at CC&S - it's so nice to see you playing along with us again! :)

Skylark said...

Sorry, I'm way behind with commenting, but I think your lovely Christmas design makes great use of my challenge colours at CC&S this last week. Thanks for joining us. Stef x

Team Clark said...

This is a stunning card, love it! Congrats on your Friday Mashup feature! :)