Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Happy 3rd Birthday

It's been so long since I posted or even made a card, but I couldn't pass up creating one for my sweet granddaughter.  She turned 3 last month and wanted a rainbow birthday party.

Card Base & Layers:  Daffodil Delight card stock cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"; scored at 4-1/4" and folded.  Next layer up is a mat using Pacific Point card stock.  To eliminate some bulk on the card, I cut out the center of the card stock and left enough for the mat.  I then added a layer of Pumpkin Pie card stock.  Added to that was a layer of Whisper White card stock whose corners were punched using the Curvy Corner Trio Punch.

Balloons:  Two balloons were cut from Pacific Point and Pumpkin Pie card stock using the Balloon Framelits Dies and attached to the card.  The balloon strings were hand drawn with a Basic Black Marker.  On a piece of Whisper White card stock, I sponged Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Night of Navy and Perfect Plum inks in a rainbow design.  I then cut out a balloon using the same dies.  To attach it to the card I used an action wobble (non-Stampin' Up!) so you could make the ballon swing back and forth. From the rest of the rainbow design I cut out the "happy" from the Hello You Thinlits and attached it to the card using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.  The "3" and "RD" were cut from Basic Black card stock using the retired Timeless Type Alpha Jr. sizzlits and attached to the rainbow balloon.  To add a little sparkle to the card, I used the Clear Wink of Stella Pen on the "hello", the "3" and the "RD".

Finishing Touch:  The Pumpkin Pie bow was cut from the Balloon Framelits and added to the rainbow balloon.

Three years have passed so quickly and we have enjoyed the great times we've shared with her.  Thank you for visiting my blog today.  I appreciate your comments so let me know what you think of my card.

Stampin' Up! Products Used

 

No comments: