Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Wedding Wishes


Because of some medical issues, I wasn't able to attend my daughter-in-love's sister's wedding in March.  And I was way behind in creating a card.  When I saw the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #41 was "weddings" it motivated me to get moving.

I want to preface this to say that when we received the invitation, it came in a small box and the invite and accompanying cards were wrapped in lace and burlap fabric.  So I recycled some lace and burlap to use on the wedding card.

Card Base:  Card measures 4-1/2" x 6-1/2".  Shimmery White card stock was cut at 6-1/2" x 9" and scored at 4-1/2".
Sentiment:  Before doing anything else on the card front I heat embossed the sentiment from the Rose Wonder stamp set with VersaMark and silver embossing powder.  The rest of the sentiment from the same stamp set was heat embossed inside with silver embossing powder (forgot to take picture).  The sentiment reads:  wishing you a marriage made in heaven and a lifetime blessed by God.
Center Layer/Strip:  I cut a piece of the lace from the invitation so I would have just the edge (the lace has silver threads as part of the design; tried to capture it in this photo).  I added the two lace pieces to silver foil paper.  The burlap fabric was cut and layered over the lace.  Three flowers from the Rose Garden Thinlits were cut from silver foil paper using the Big Shot.  After adding rhinestones to three Candy Dots brad bases, I added them to the three flowers and then to the lace/burlap layer.  Dimensionals were used to attach the layer to the card.
Embellishment:  Again using the Rose Garden Thinlits, I cut two leaf stems from the silver foil paper and added them to the card.
Envelope:  Since the card was not the usual A2 size, I had to make my own envelope.  Using the Neutrals envelope paper and the envelope punch board, I made an envelope that fit the card perfectly.  I heat embossed two leaf stems from the Rose Garden stamp set in the corner so that it coordinated with the card.  I also added a liner to the inside of the envelope using the Neutrals designer series paper stack.  One of the colors in the stack is silver - goes perfectly with this card (sorry again - forgot to photograph).

Thanks again for stopping by.  I hope you are enjoying the weekend.  We are expecting snow here in the Hudson Valley Sunday morning.  Had next to nothing all winter long.  Didn't the calendar say it was spring?

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Paper:  Shimmery White card stock (#101910); Silver Foil Sheets (#132178); Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack (#138435); Neutrals Envelope Paper (#138310)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#129053); Rose Garden Thinlits (#140619); Envelope Punch Board (#133774); Embossing Buddy (#103083); Big Shot (#113439)
Stamps:  Rose Wonder Stamp Set (#140697)
Embellishments:  Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109131); Candy Dots Brad Bases (#132293); Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#119246); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)  

4 comments:

Gingin said...

Beautiful card Patti! I love that you repurposed the burlap and lace. They will treasure this card for sure. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

Tina Riddle said...

Lovely card Patti! I love the burlap! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

Lisa Altman said...

Beautiful card!! I love that you "recycled" some of the invite to make your card!! I think that will make it a wonderful keepsake for the couple. When one of my best friends got married years ago, I had part of my bridesmaid dress made in to throw pillows. Gave them to her for her birthday and she just laughed. :) She told me just the other day that she till has them. I love the touch of burlap, and all the layers. Just lovely. Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!

stampwithsandy said...

Patti this card has such great texture! I love the combo of burlap and lace, so unexpected but just perfect. Thank you for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!