Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

A Very, Very Belated Happy Anniversary

Before I get to today's card, I would like to wish all my U.S. friends a very happy and safe Fourth of July.

I finally got around to creating an anniversary card for my son and daughter-in-love to celebrate their fifth anniversary on May 29.  A bit late, I know, but it will be a complete surprise when they receive it.  I used the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #179 as my inspiration.  When I saw this sketch, I knew exactly what stamp set I would use.

Card Base & First Layer:  Base is Basic Gray card stock layered with Mint Macaron cs.

Image Layer:  On Shimmery White card stock, I stamped the image from the Timeless Love stamp set with Black Memento Ink.  The flowers were colored with Watermelon Wonder and Flirty Flamingo inks using a Blender PenDaffodil Delight was used on the flower centers and Mint Macaron ink was used for the leaves.  I then used the Gold Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to add some shimmer to the center of the flowers.  The extra leaves were stamped with the small leaf from the Endless Thanks stamp set using Mint Macaron inkClear Wink of Stella was added to each leaf.  How I wish you could see the shimmer in the photo; it really adds a lot to the card.  The corners were punched using the retired curvy corner punch.

Sentiment:  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped on Shimmery White using Basic Gray ink.  It was punched out with the Duet Banner Punch.  The same banner was punched out of Basic Gray card stock, snipped in half and added to the back of the sentiment as a mat.  Gold Metallic Thread was added to the back in little loops for some added dimension.  Dimensionals were used to attach it to the card.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Enjoy the holiday and nice weather.

Stampin' Up! Products Used
 

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!