Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Acorny Thank You

My card today is inspired by the Creating Pretty Cards Challenge #61.  You can never have too many thank you cards.

Card Base:  Delightful Dijon card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"; scored at 4-1/4".

Sentiment Layer:  On a piece of Crumb Cake card stock I stamped the spatter image from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using Crumb Cake ink, first stamping off on scrap paper to avoid it being too dark.  I then sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  The sentiment from the Vertical Greetings stamp set was stamped along the edge using Soft Suede ink.  A piece of the Serene Scenery designer series paper stack was added at the bottom.  Some retired burlap ribbon was cut and threads pulled for the fringe look.  It was attached to the layer with Fast Fuse adhesive.

Acorns:  Using the Acorn Builder Punch, I punched three acorns and two of the tops from the same designer paper.  One other top was punched from Soft Suede card stock.  After attaching the top part to each acorn with Glue Dots, I popped them all up with Dimensionals.

Finishing Touch:  Using one of the pulled threads from the burlap ribbon, I made a small bow and attached it to the one acorn on the left.

Thank you for visiting my blog.  Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment or question.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
   

No comments: