Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Ahoy There!

When I saw the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #187, I knew what I wanted to do with it.  This is the end result.

Card Base:  Cucumber Crush card stock was cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"; score at 4-1/4"; the Whisper White Thick card stock is cut 1/8" smaller all around than the base and embossed with the Seaside embossing folder.

Images:  The three fish from the Seaside Shore stamp set were each heat embossed two times (for added dimension) using Versamark, Cucumber Crush, Sweet Sugarplum and Watermelon Wonder inks and Clear embossing powder on Whisper White Thick card stock.  The shells were heat embossed three times using Versamark, Tip-Top Taupe ink and Clear embossing powder.  They were all fussy cut.  Glue Dots were used to add the fish and the shells were added using Dimensionals.

Sentiment:  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  I heat embossed it on the white card stock with Versamark, Cucumber Crush ink and Clear embossing powder.  I used the Bone Folder to give a little curl to the center and the ends.  Glue Dots "anchored" it to the card.

The Finishing Touch:  I wanted to add some bubbles coming from the fishes' mouth so I used retired Crystal Effects.  After it dries clear, they look like little bubbles (see close-up photo).

This will make a fun card to send to someone for no reason.

Thanks again for visiting.  I welcome comments or questions about any of my posted projects.  Have a great day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
 

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!