Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Flowers on the Wall

I needed a birthday card for my older son's girlfriend and this is what I came up with.  My card today is based on the Paper Players Challenge #306 which is a tic-tac-toe selection.  I chose the bottom row - texture, scene, die cut.  I am also submitting to the Stampin' Up! Only Challenge #154 - delightful dies.

Card Base:  Basic Black cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4".

Brick Wall:  Embossed a piece of Sahara Sand card stock with the Brick Wall embossing folder.  To get the weathered look, I dragged the Sahara Sand ink pad across the folder so it would add color between and on the bricks.  I added the layer to a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock.

Flowers & Butterfly:  The flowers, flower centers and leaf stems were cut from Melon Mambo, Perfect Plum, Bermuda Bay and Old Olive card stocks using the Botanical Builder Framelits.  The flowers were added to the card with Glue Dots and Dimensionals.  The butterfly from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set was stamped on Daffodil Delight card stock with Basic Black Archival Ink and punched out with the Bitty Butterfly PunchClear Wink of Stella gave a little shimmer to the butterfly and the Daffodil Delight flower centers.

Sentiment:  The sentiment from the Sprinkles of Life stamp set was stamped on Bermuda Bay card stock with Basic Black Archival ink. I cut it out with one of the Bunch of Banners Framelits.  I cut another one from Daffodil Delight card stock, cut off one end and used it to mat one side of the sentiment.   It was attached to the card with Glue Dots.  I then added the butterfly with a Glue Dot.

The Finishing Touch:  Retired black candy dots were used for the center of the flowers and the edge of the sentiment.

Thank you for visiting today.  I really appreciate you taking time to stop by.  If you have any questions about this project leave me a comment or e-mail me.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 

7 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Patti, this is so pretty! I love the embossed brick wall and the gorgeous flowers! Such a pretty color combo! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Hannelie said...

Those flowers look stunning against the brick wall background!
Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

laurie said...

Those colors look great on the brick background! Cute butterfly too.Thanks for playing along with the tic tac toe challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Andrea W said...

The brick wall looks fantastic with the ink accents and I really like your selection of colors for the flowers. Pretty card!

Julie Gearinger said...

What a fabulous brick wall with the gorgeous flowers!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Julia said...

Very pretty colours!!! What a great project for our challenge using dies!! So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the bright colors of the flowers on the brick wall! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!