Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Get Well Thoughts & Prayers

A very special friend recently had surgery and I thought a card would help make her recovery a little brighter.  I chose the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #315 and CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #188 for my inspiration.

Card Base:  Whisper White card stock cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"; score at 4-1/4".  I used a piece of the 2016-2018 In-Color Envelope Paper as the next layer.  The Project Life Corner punch was used on 2 opposite corners.  From a piece of So Saffron card stock, I cut the border from the Flourish Thinlits and added it to the 
Dapper Denim paper using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

Image Layer:  I used the MISTI tool to stamp the image from the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set on Whisper White card stock.  I first colored the stem using the Old Olive marker.  I did it a couple of times in order to get a good image.  I then cleaned that ink off and colored the flowers with the So Saffron marker, doing those twice also.  The sentiment from the same stamp set was heat embossed using Versamark, Dapper Denim ink and Clear Embossing Powder.  Using the retired Ovals Collection Dies, I cut out the image and matted it with an oval cut from So Saffron card stockDimensionals were used to attach it to the card.

The Finishing Touches:  Clear Wink of Stella was added to the flowers as well as tiny Pearls added to the center of each.

I hope you enjoyed today's card.  You may be wondering why I used envelope paper rather than regular dsp.  There are a couple of reasons.  As a hobby demonstrator, I am trying this year to limit the amount of dsp I purchase since I always have so much left over.  When you use the envelope paper to make envelopes, there are always pieces left over that are too small to make envelopes (unless you're making really small envelopes) so this gives me a way to use some of those pieces up.  And secondly, since this is a lighter weight paper, it keeps cards from going over the normal postage rate.  Have a great day.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
  

6 comments:

Michelle Gleeson said...

I am sure this will brighten your friend's day. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Pals this week.

karen h said...

Very pretty; love the pattern paper layer. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Jan Clothier said...

So sweet! Those tiny flowers are absolute gems.

Peggy Noe said...

Such a peaceful, pretty card. I'm sure your friend will love it! Your coloring on the tree is so nice! Thanks for joining us this week for the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge!

Patricia Hays said...

The pearls are a perfect finishing touch for those dainty little flowers. Thanks so much for sharing your pretty card with us at CC&S! :)

Liz Bailey said...

I love the really clear image you got using the MISTI. It really makes me feel that I may have to invest in one! Great tip for using the leftover envelope paper too. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Liz x