Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Just a Note

Today's card is based on two challenges:  Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #62 - sketch and ColourQ Challenge #356.  Join me as I walk you quickly through the card design.

Card Base:  Thick Whisper White card stock cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"; score at 4-1/4".  Added a layer of Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack.  In order to get the cross hatch on the regular Whisper White piece of card stock I used the Simply Scored Scoring Tool and the retired Diagonal Plate.

Flower:  Using the Flourish Thinlits, I cut the flower parts and the leaves from Old Olive, Melon Mambo, 
Soft Sky and retired Blackberry Bliss card stocks.  I layered them together using the Fine Tip Glue Pen and added it to the embossed layer.  Some Clear Wink of Stella was added to the flower parts for a little shimmer.

Sentiment:  The sentiment from the Picture Perfect stamp set was stamped on Soft Sky card stock using retired Blackberry Bliss ink.  Because it is a photopolymer stamp, I was able to curve it a bit when I added it to the block.  It was punched out using the Duet Banner Punch.  I cut two more banners from Melon Mambo and Blackberry Bliss card stocks, cut them down and used them to mat the sentiment.  It was added to the card using Dimensionals.

The Finishing Touch:  Rhinestones were added to the flower center and the sentiment for a little extra bling.

Thank you for visiting my blog.  I hope you are enjoying a great weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
  

6 comments:

Lisa Altman said...

I love your card. So pretty!! I like the added details with the score lines and the touch of bling. Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!

Tina Riddle said...

Patti, this is such a beautiful card. I love the score lines on your background and the layering of colors behind your sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

Lisa said...

This is just delightful! Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

Silke Ledlow said...

Patti, this is so pretty! Glad you had a chance to play the CQC with us!

Sylvia said...

Pretty card, Patti, lovely use of the die cuts! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

Michelle said...

Oh how pretty! Love the layered die cut flower and banner! Thanks for joiningh us at ColourQ!