Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

No Words

When I saw The Card Concept Challenge #57, I'm never sure what the style is but for this I would guess it is clean and layered.  I had a pretty good idea what I wanted to do.  And I think what I saw in my mind was what I ended up with.

Card Base:  Crumb Cake card stock cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4".  The sentiment from the Rose Wonder stamp set was stamped with Early Espresso ink.  I then added a piece of Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack.  To bridge the gap between the dsp and the card base, I stamped a strip of Crumb Cake card stock with the Hardwood stamp, added some score lines to make it look like molding, sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink and added it to the card.

Image & Window:  I first stamped the sun image from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set on Whisper White Thick card stock with Daffodil Delight ink.  To make the rainbow I used three colors at a time on the stamp from the Work of Art stamp set.  The markers I used were Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Pacific Point, Night of Navy and Perfect Plum.  I then stamped a piece of Crumb Cake with the Hardwood stamp and cut it out with the Hearth and Home Thinlits.  My intent was just to add it to the image for the window effect but as I was working on it, I decided to do a shaker card.  So I added a piece of Window Sheet, Foam Adhesive Strips and some retired beads and added it to the card.

I like this sentiment because when a rainbow appears, there are really no words to explain the wonder.  Thank you for visiting my blog.  I appreciate and enjoy your comments.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
 

4 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

This rainbow through the window idea is so creative! Love that cheerful color! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Card Concept this week!
Take Care!
Michele

Rahmat said...

Oh I love the window and the rainbow in the background. the sentiment is awesome. Thanks for linking up with the card concept.

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, this looks fantastic! Love your rainbow through the window idea and what a perfect sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept- hugs!!

Lilian YF said...

That's so pretty! The window and the rainbow outside! =)
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio