Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Happy Halloween

 
Halloween is here and so am I -- finally.  Been dealing with medical issues again.  Can't say I'll be sorry to see 2016 end.  This is the first halloween card I've made this year.  This is for one of my little sweeties.  I got the design inspiration from the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch Challenge #216.

Card Base:  Basic Gray card stock cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"; on 8-1/2" side, score at 4-1/4".  The web from the retired Bite Me stamp set (this stamp set is on the Clearance Rack of Stampin' Up! here) was heat embossed using VersaMark and Black Embossing Powder.  Added some splatter from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  A piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock was added along a strip of Warmth and Cheer dsp.  The spider from the Bite Me stamp set was heat embossed on the plaid dsp.  This layer was added to the card.

Image:  I stamped one of the pumpkins from the retired Fall Fest stamp set on Pumpkin Pie card stock using Pumpkin Pie ink and Cucumber Crush marker.  I then heat embossed the face from the same stamp set onto the pumpkin.  With the Pumpkin Pie marker, I colored along most edges of the pumpkin for depth.  The pumpkin was cut out using the Fun Fall Framelits (also retired).  Using the Layering Circles Dies, I cut one circle from Basic Black and one from Delightful Dijon.  Added the circles to the card and popped up the pumpkin with Dimensionals.

Sentiment:  Heat embossed the sentiment from the Bite Me stamp set with VersaMark and Black Embossing Powder.

Finishing Touch:  Added some googlie eyes for a touch of fun.

As you can see, I used a lot of retired items on this card.  I'm not the biggest fan of halloween and don't send out many cards so I hang on to old stamps that I like for this holiday.  Hope you have a spooktacular day.  Thanks for stopping by.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
   
 

4 comments:

Kim said...

What a great card! I love the color combination with the dark gray base. Thank you so much for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week.

Christyne - Stampin UP!® Demonstrator said...

Oh my gosh! What an adorable little pumpkin! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Craft Crew. Christyne - DT.

Pam Staples said...

Patti, WOW! Love how you created the background with the cob webs. And that SPIDER! EEK. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew and we hope you'll join us for the next sketch starting tomorrow.

JanTink said...

I love the way you used the spider web behind the pumpkin! Thanks for playing along!