Pages

Sunday, June 4, 2017

For a Friend

Good Sunday to all.  Today's card is based on two challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #290 and Color Throwdown Challenge #445.

Card Base:  Crushed Curry cut 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2".

Image/Sentiment Layer:  Large oval cut from Night of Navy cardstock using the Layering Ovals Framelets.  The Powder Pink oval was cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  After attaching them together, I cut off the top part of the oval.  On a piece of Whisper White cardstock I sponged Night of Navy,
Crushed Curry and Powder Pink inks.  Using the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits I cut out the row of dragonflies from the sponged cardstock.  I added some Clear Wink of Stella to them.  I stamped the sentiment from the Bloomin' Love stamp set on a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Crushed Curry   ink.  The white layer was matted with Night of Navy cardstock and added to the card base.  The ovals were added beneath the sentiment.  Rolled up Glue Dots were used on the bodies of the dragonflies to attach them to the card.  They're my interpretation of the pennant on the sketch.

The Finishing Touch:  Three Regals Enamel Shapes were added next to the sentiment along the edge of the ovals.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you had an enjoyable weekend.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
    

1 comment:

Kim S said...

Truly lovely! I love how you used the dragonflies with the sketch - and their rainbow of color is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.