Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Strawberries - YUM!

What tastes better than fresh, sweet strawberries!  I used two challenges to finally ink up these strawberries and basket:  SUO Challenge #176 - Out in the Garden and Sunday Stamps Challenge #154.

Card Base:  Whisper White Thick cardstock cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"; score at 4-1/4".  Added a layer of Garden Green cardstock.  Since I used the thick white cardstock, I cut out the center of the green cardstock to keep the card lighter for mailing.  Shimmery White cardstock was run through the Big Shot using the Brick Wall Embossing Folder and added to the green layer with Fast Fuse.  I took some retired washi tape, added it to a scrap of Shimmery cardstock, rounded the top edges with the Envelope Punch Board and added that to the embossed layer.

Image:  I stamped the strawberries and the basket from the Basket of Wishes stamp set on Shimmery White cardstock with Memento Black Ink.  I then colored the image using Blender Pens and Soft Suede, Garden Green and Real Red inks.  I added a little shadow beneath the basket with Sahara Sand Ink.  The image was cut out using the Layering Circle Framelits.  It was matted with Gold Foil cardstock, also cut out with the Layering Circles Framelits.  Dimensionals were used to add the image to the card.  I didn't add a sentiment because I felt the card could be used for a variety of occasions and the sentiment can be added later.

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you get to enjoy some sweet strawberries soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
  

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is such a "sweet" card :)

Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

Very cute! Love your clean design and the colors are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Julia said...

Yes, Yum!!! And just perfect for our challenge!! So glad you joined in the fun with SUO Challenges!

Connie Babbert said...

Yum!!! I can't wait to go strawberry picking! Love your card! Thanks for playing along with the Out in the Garden SUO Challenge this time!