Pages

Monday, July 10, 2017

Baptism Blessing

On Sunday, my sweet and rambunctious grandson was baptised.  I must say, it was quite an experience.  He will be celebrating his second birthday this coming Saturday and he is quite active.  Needless to say, this was one baptism that will be hard to forget.  I wanted to share the card I made for the occasion using the Try Stampin' On Tuesday Challenge #329.

 Card Base:  Whisper White Thick CS cut at 7" x 11"; score at 5-1/2".  This is larger than the normal A2 size card.  The sentiment from the Blessed by God retired stamp set was heat embossed using Versamark and Silver Embossing Powder.

Layers:  The strip of Whisper White CS on the bottom was embossed with the retired Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder.  On the left side layer of Whisper White CS, I used Embossing Paste and the Pattern Party Decorative Masks to add some dimension.  A strip of Silver Foil Sheet was added on one edge.

Image Layer:  The image of the floral cross from the Blessed by God stamp set was heat embossed on Whisper White CS with Versamark and Clear Embossing Powder.  I cut it out with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  It was matted with Silver Foil Sheet cut out with the Layering Ovals Framelits.  I added it to the card with Dimensionals.

The Finishing Touch:  A small bow was made out of 3/8" Metallic Stripe Ribbon and attached with Glue Dots.

Because of the size of the card, I used the Envelope Punch Board to make the perfect size envelope.

It is difficult to see the details of this card because of all the white but, trust me, it is lovely in real life.  Thank you for visiting today.  I hope your week is off to a good start.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
 



No comments: