Pages

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Clean & Simple Eclectic

Following my usual habit of working with challenges, I found the three challenges I used, well, challenging.  CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #233 was, by far, the easiest of the three.  The color combo in the TGIF Challenge #119 are not colors I would probably have chosen together, but in the end, they worked out fine.  Probably the one most challenging was the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #179 to use ONLY DIES - no stamping.  And it had to be clean and simple. Yikes!!!

Card Base:  Lemon Lime Twist CS cut 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2".

White Layer:  Cut a piece of Shimmery White CS 4" x 5-1/4".  I used the Eclectic Layers Thinlits to cut out the design on the bottom. 
Attached it to the base with Liquid Glue.

Image/Die Cuts:  Using the Eclectic Layers Thinlits, I cut out two outline flowers and two solid backgrounds for the flowers from Pool Party and Crushed Curry cardstocks and attached them with Liquid Glue.  I found this great tip on Connie Stewart's blog here for  an easy way to attach detailed die cuts.  The leaf stem from the same thinlits was
cut from Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and attached to the back of one of the flowers.  I added that flower with Liquid Glue.  The second flower was added using Dimensionals.

The Finishing Touches:  To add a little more shimmer, I added Clear Wink of Stella to the center of all the flower petals.  For a final touch of bling I added some of the really small Rhinestones from the older style package of rhinestones.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog.  Have a great week.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
 

3 comments:

Elizabeth Price said...

Patti your card is full of fun flowery textures--I love it. Thanks for joining along with our color challenge this week at TGIF. Smiles Elizabeth

Holly Stene said...

what a fun twist to make your flowers opposite like that :) Very creative! Glad you could join us this week at TGIF!

brrenwick said...

I love your clean and simple design with our colors! Thanks for playing along at TGIF!!